Sunday 12 February 2012

Cookie Swap!!


The Kutarnas, Biebers, Paige and Burns, and I had a little dinner get together. The dinner itself was pretty dang delicious  if I do say so myself, but afterwards we had a HUGE cookie swap!! 

Earlier in the week me and Arianne had been talking about the swap and were saying what kind of cookies we would be bringing, I had no idea what kind of cookie I would bring so I just said the most ridiculous thing I could think of at the time "Pumpkin Banana Cookies". After saying this, Arianne made me pinkie promise her that I would actually make them and put the recipe on my blog.

The day before the swap Joe and I went snowboarding/Snowmobiling (a post on that will be up shortly) so we were pretty exhausted and I still hadn't made my cookies. Since I promised I would bring cookies I just bought some and wrote "Marshall's Banana Pumpkin Cookies" on them so that technically i wouldn't have broke my promise to Arianne.


Seems Pretty Legit, I know!


Even though I thought I was safe from breaking my promise I still felt like I would have let Arianne down, so due to my good nature I decided to look online to see if there were actual recipes for banana pumpkin cookies, and turns out there were tons! So the next day before the swap I whipped those babies up and they were actually so good! But being the clever child I am, I thought it would be funny I still used the packaging from the other boughten cookies and just put my cookies inside them, just to trick Arianne.

She was fooled completely and pretty disappointed to say the least. Until she opened the package and unveiled these puppies!
 Here's the recipe just for you, Arianne.

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Banana

Me, being a man, didn't read the instructions and just threw them all together and but them into the oven at 350 until they looked and tasted done.


Just look at all these cookies and all their glory! :)


All in all it was a pretty fun night with great food and better company. I will have to go to another one these... in a week.... Thanks a lot Paige and Burns for the invite!


3 comments:

  1. Your cookies are sooo good!!! Thanks for making them and thanks for coming! And great idea with the packaging and all haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did have me fooled! Great idea! and super delicous cookies! Thanks for the recipe, don't worry I make cookies the same way

    ReplyDelete