Tuesday 3 July 2012

Monday Bike Ride!

As you all know... I suck at writing on my blog, but that's not the point of this blog post. The point of this post is to tell you one of my recently hilariously awesome story.

Well to begin, you may have also noticed this weekend was Canada day weekend, so it was a long weekend! The whole fam jam went down to Raymond for the festivities. The whole weekend was filled with perfect weather, treats, and good times (such as climbing hoodoos and peeing on fires). This is also not the point of my blog post.

Carol and I had to leave the celebration a day early because Carol had to catch a flight down to Utah ,at 6:30 in the morning, to see all of her family. So we left Sunday night and I drove her to the airport at 4:30 Monday morning, than went home and slept. When I awoke I realised that no one was here, I had the whole day to myself! I decided it would be a good idea to not waste the beautiful weather and sit on my butt all day inside, so I came to the conclusion that I should go on a bike ride, only problem was I didn't own a bike. So using all my ninja skills I snuck outside into broad daylight and just straight up STOLE A BIKE!! (from inside the garage...) After accessing a bike I could only think of one thing to do.... get a slurpee. After that mission was accomplished I decided to ride down to the Glenmore Reservoir just to check it out. As i was biking past it I noticed a path that went right beside the water so I  followed it even though it was pretty difficult on my bike.

The path was definitely not designed for bikers because I ended up having to get off and walk my bike through the thick bushes, plant life, and rocky terrain. It was quite beautiful and peaceful though, it seemed as if I was not in the city at all anymore.


After enjoying ( and battling) nature this Bad Boy came into view.


 Of course I was way farther away so I couldn't see it quite as well, but I had to find out what the crap it was! I was so fascinated and it gave my bike ride and actual purpose. I continued forward on my journey. As I got closer I grew more anxious to know what exactly this thing was. I arrived at a obstacle in my path, a chain link fence. Luckily part of it was pushed down I was able to carry my bike around it. When I got right up beside it I found this hidden in the tall grass.


So what is the first thing that I did? I CLIMBED ALL UP AND DOWN THAT!! It looked all abandoned and rusted out, I was sure that it wouldn't be too big of a deal.



I had to bypass a few locked gates and climb a few ladders to get onto the top to get a better view.


But I finally made it! It was pretty awesome and fun to climb on, I was pretty proud of my discovery. Suddenly in the distance I noticed a boat, a big boat, coming my way. It was one of those big paddle boats and it was headed directly towards me. I thought about snapping a picture but I got a little antsy so I got the heck out of there! 

Directly south of this dock thing there was a dirt road that led somewhere, it was my only escape so I had no choice but to follow where it lead, I was hoping it would lead me back out onto a main road somewhere, I was horribly wrong. I ride down the road and up a hill and notice a few people and a couple buildings, and I quickly just thought that it was someones house and yard I was in, so I went the opposite direction and continued to follow the road. Than I stumbled upon some more buildings.


"Where am I?" I thought to myself, something just didn't feel right. "What is this place and how did I get here"


There were all these old school buildings and a bunch of people walking around. I knew something wasn't right, but I just continued on the road until I came across this.


Than I realised that I must have just snuck into Heritage Park!! I had never been there before but I had remembered the trains right at the entrance whenever I drove past, and how would I know where I was if I had never been there before and especially if I came in through the back! 

I started to bike a little faster through the park trying to avoid the large groups of people, but at the same time I was very curious about what this park had to offer, so I looked around a bit and hit some jumps on my bike ( a good way to draw attention to myself, which i didn't want, but it was fun anyways). After I had looked around a little bit I figured now would be a good time to get out of there. I was biking frantically to find the exit. I just decided to follow the crowd of people. As I was riding by them people would ask if they could borrow my bike because they had been walking around in the heat all day. I would just smile and laugh and continue biking past them. Than i finally found the exit gates, except there were so many people and employees down there I figured it would not be the best place to exit. I made my way behind some building and up some stairs and I had found another exit. I big wide open gate with not as many people and no employees, as far as i could see. 

I started bolting down towards it and it is just in front of me when some woman comes out and yells "GET OFF YOUR BIKE!! GET OFF IT NOW!!!" so I dismount and walk towards her and casually ask "hows it going?" 
she than said "security wants to talk to you, where's your buddy?" 
At this point i was a little worried. "I am alone" I exclaimed to her.
She than gets on her walkie talkie and says "We found him, come out here"
The security guard than came out and just started asking me all these questions "how did you get in here? what are you doing?" 
I than explained to him that I came in through the back, but i wasn't purposely trespassing, and that I didn't know that I didn't even know this park was here.
"Where do you live?" he asked
"Garrison Green" I replied
"I find it hard to believe that you didn't know this park was here."
I didn't know what to say, so of course... I made something up.
"Oh I'm new here... and just... exploring the area, I honestly didn't know this was here."
So he bought it and let me go.
As I was biking away I just said "Sorry, and have a nice day!"

It was quite the experience, but then I was faced with a new challenge. How would I get home?



4 comments:

  1. HA ha. That's the way to explore now, eh? Who knew about the back entrance. Very cool.

    So.....how the heck DID you get home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I'm so glad I got the written version of this story and the story right from your mouth. Both so good!! I'm glad you stole that bike right out of our garage!

    ReplyDelete